Portable restrooms have come a long way since they were first introduced. Now, they are available in a variety of sizes and configurations and can be customized to fit your needs. These units are typically single stalls that come loaded onto a truck and are delivered to your location. Each unit typically comes with a hand sanitizing station as part of the price, however, most users like to add on an outdoor sink.
These portable restrooms are often called porta potties, porta john's, porta loos, but they all mean the same thing. They can vary from the most basic model to a luxurious outdoor restroom.
Just as the name implies, restroom trailers are typically delivered to your property by being hauled on the back of a truck. These units usually are equipped with stairs and have their own entrance/exit. Just like standard potties, restroom trailers can be customized to fit your guests exact needs. Some models also include a handicap railing so that all your guests can access the units.
Typical Use Cases
Construction sites aren't the only places where you might find a portable toilet rental. Because these units have the ability to be luxurious and offer users all the amenities of a regular restroom, they are becoming more common in lots of different settings.
Below are some places you may find each type of unit, although the possibilities are quite endless of where to use them. The size and type of restroom depends on the available amount of space where the unit(s) can be placed.
- On private property during a home renovation.
- On business property during office renovation.
- Small backyard gatherings.
- School outdoor functions.
- Church or county festivals.
- Outdoor concerts.
- Weddings or birthday parties.
- Black tie events or formal gatherings.
Things To Keep In Mind When Choosing a Portable Toilet
Once you have decided that you will go the portable restroom or restroom trailer route, there are a few things you need to consider. Consider the following issues and find out which type will best suite those needs.
- Budget: If you are going for the least expensive option, a single portable toilet will be your best bet. You can even order a few of them and it will be less expensive than a more upgraded version. If budget is not an issue, you can provide users with a luxurious bathroom experience with both a portable toilet as well as a restroom trailer simply by adding on additional luxury features.
- Location: If you are going for a backyard gathering, you could be just fine with one or two single portable restrooms tucked away in the back of the property. However, if space permits, a more upgraded version or a restroom trailer my provide your guests with ample space. If you live on a hill or in an area that is hard to get to, a portable toilet may be easier to install as they have a smaller footprint.
- Weather: If you are lucky enough to live in an area with predictable weather, you may be OK with ordering a simple portable toilet. However, given the fact that Mother Nature likes to keep everyone guessing, having a restroom trailer with AC/Heat will surpass all your needs should the weather take a turn on the day of the event.
- Capacity: Both portable restrooms and restroom trailers can be configured to provide you with maximum capacity to ensure all your guests have access to a comfortable restroom. The trailer can include multiple stalls within an area while portable toilets can be placed side by side to offer users easy access.
- Additional Features: If you are looking for specific features for your porta-potty, look no further. Each type of unit include basic features such as indoor lighting and hand sanitation stations. However, additional features that can be added include built-in fresh water tanks, mirrors and luxury remodeled interiors.